Saturday, February 9, 2013

How My Love For Sewing Started

The idea of sewing never interested me.  I always envied people who could quilt and sew beautiful projects but the sewing machine itself intimidated me.  Then in the spring of 2012 while I pregnant with my daughter, my mother in law offered to teach me how to sew/quilt with a Kenmore Mini Ultra she picked up for me.

The first project she showed me was her infamous "biscuit" quilt.  She had already purchased and pre-cut the fabric for me.  It was my task to become friends with this foreign object and magically make a quilt.

With patience that most wish they had, she taught me the ins and outs.  I had four months off during the summer and nothing to do but rest and wait for our daughter to arrive.  Day in and day out, I worked at my sewing station that my husband helped set up for me in the living room and finished my first quilt.  It is now used in her crib and has been the perfect addition to her nursery.

Since then, my love for sewing and quilting has grown.  I take my daughter to the fabric store on a regular basis and am constantly looking for new projects to start.  It is my hope that this will be the spot I can share all my works and ideas with those that also share the same passion that I do.  Let the blogging begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment