Sunday, February 17, 2013

Attempting to Capture My Love for Autumn in Fabric

After completing my first quilt for my daughter's nursery, I immediately started on my second project.  Autumn is my favorite season so I knew I wanted to select fabrics that best captures the season  My mother in law came down to visit us and went to the fabric store with me.  It took me a while to pick out the exact prints I wanted (I would pick three up, put one back down) - but I finally made a decision and am quite happy with how this one turned out.  

Unlike the biscuit quilt which was hand tied, I attempted machine threading on this one.  Though it was quite time consuming (not only in the process but teaching myself how to do it), I am quite happy with how it turned out.  

The backing is a light yellow with intricate little white flowers that I had left over from another project.  The binding, though hard to see, is a glittery off-white fabric that adds a nice touch when looking at the piece up close.

I used 6 different fabric quarters for the inside squares and a light and flowery print for the connecting fabric.




No comments:

Post a Comment